Hi,

Reading through the classloader documentation for 6.0 I noticed this:

However, the standard Tomcat 5 startup scripts ...

It seems like this should be:

the standard Tomcat 6 startup scripts

But I figured I'd check before filing a ticket.

Also it seems like this section could be simplified:

System - This class loader is normally initialized from the contents of the
CLASSPATH environment variable. All such classes are visible to both Tomcat
internal classes, and to web applications.

So this seems to be saying that "normally" all classes that should be visible
to both Tomcat and webapps are placed in the CLASSPATH environment variable.  The second
sentence seems to reinforce that placing the libraries in the CLASSPATH makes them
visible to both Tomcat and the webapps.

Then reading a little further the text seems to be saying "Forget all that
stuff".  Tomcat does not do it this way....

If I'm reading it right, would it be simpler to just replace the above
mentioned text with,
System - The standard Tomcat 6 startup scripts ($CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
or %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat) ignore the contents of the CLASSPATH
environment variable (Unlike most java daemons and applications), and instead
build the system classloader from the following repositories:

Thoughts?

Thanks,
- Ole