"Robert Welz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Am 18.06.2008 um 15:02 schrieb Robert Welz:
>
>> A question:
>>
>> If I have a class / function
>>
>> Logger.Log (Logger.LOG_LEVEL_INFO, "Test " + Globals.BACKUP_STARTDIR);
>>

>> where will tomcat write these data out?
>>

> so when In server.xml
> <LogSetter name="servlet_log"
>                    timestamps="true"
>                    verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION"
>                    path="logs/servlet-${yyyyMMdd}.log"
>                    />
>
> is configured am I right in the assumption that the logfile is in /
> jakarta/logs/ ?
>
> Is there another knob I can use to get my logfile?

Chuck has a point.  I'm pretty much the last of the 3.3 developers, and I
had to look up the answer ;).  BTW, at the moment it has been decided on
[EMAIL PROTECTED] that there will be no further 3.3.x releases.  And 4.1.x
should
follow shortly.

Assuming that $TOMCAT_HOME=/jakarta, then yes, that is where the log file
will show up.  In general, a relative path will be resolved against
$TOMCAT_HOME.

While TC 3.3 has limited JMX support, this isn't one of the areas.  You have
to know the path if you want to get it (or at least enough to resolve
against $TOMCAT_HOME).