Rainer Jung wrote:
Hi Junaid,

Junaid Arshad wrote:
Hi All,

I've been trying to setup mod_jk1.2.15 with Apache2.0.63 and tomcat 5.5.23. After some hassle I was able to build mod_jk.so and did modify the httpd.conf to say the location of the ".so" and worksers.properties but when I tried to start apache it failed with the following error:

eipvm03:/usr/local/apache2/bin# ./apachectl restart Syntax error on line 1081 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure 'jk_module' in file /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so is garbled - expected signature 41503230 but saw 41503232 - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO, or was compiled for a different Apache version?

Any help will be much appreciated....

Which steps did you go to produce the mod_jk.so?

I followed steps at http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/apachetomcat.htm

Some hints:

- don't use 1.2.15. We are at 1.2.26. That won't solve your problem, but if you start fresh, don't start with such an old version.

- configure needs --with-apxs. On some systems, there is an apxs file for use with httpd 1.3, and a file apxs2 for use with httpd 2.0. You need to ask your supplier of httpd, where the correct apxs for the version of httpd you want to use sits. In a default installation layout of httpd, it is in the bin directory of the httpd installation directory. Most Linuxes though scatter all the httpd parts around in the system. You can use "rpm -q --filesbypkg" to find out, where rpm contents have been installed to.

I did start fresh with 1.2.26 but didn't work again. I've got apxs2 which I got by "apt-get install" and I guess it would be ok. But, nothing seems to be working ....:-(

Cheers

Junaid

Many Thanks!

Junaid