> From: J Ilari Moilanen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: preventing manifest write
>
> And I can guess (without looking onto tomcat code) that the
> problem here is that Tomcat tries to write something that it
> does not need to do during normal servlet execution.

Since you didn't give us the full stack trace, that's just speculation.  The
reported error is likely to have occurred during first reference to the webapp,
when the war file gets unpacked.  The unpacking normally happens in the appBase
directory, but I suspect GoDaddy has prevented the Tomcat userid from writing
there, so Tomcat uses the work directory instead.  You may have problems with
on-the-fly JSP compilation as well, so you may need to pre-compile all JSPs
(assuming you can get past this firts issue).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.