Hi! I'm very enthusiastic about tomcat, but I have a problem. I deployed several web applications into an apache tomcat 5.5 webserver instance, and most of them get images from the clients via file upload. Sometimes I need to change something or correct bugs, and obviously I need to redeploy the applications. How can I make uploaded files survive to this task, without using backup copies and/or using the database to store them(a lot of people told me that this could kill sql performances)? If I use an external directory, it would be difficult to make those files accessible to the webpages...
Any help appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Paolo