> From: Sérgio Vieira Rolanski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Problem publishing application to debian with
> tomcat 5.5.17
>
> I believe you mean the System.GetProperty("file.encoding")

It's System.getProperty(), but yes.

> on my windows computer I get "Cp1252" and on my
> debian server I get "UTF-8".

That might account for the difference in behavior that you see, but might be a
red herring.

> How do I change it to be same on both computers?

You can set the property on the command line when you start any JVM with
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8; for Tomcat set the JAVA_OPTS environment variable to
that, in addition to any other options you might need.

> Should I use UTF-8, right?

Probably, but that really depends on the character set your files (including
JSPs) are coded in.  If you make sure everything is stored in UTF-8, that's
what you should use.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.