The basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value returns an Integer object. The
weird thing is that it works on Windows (netbeans + bundle tomcat), but it
doesn't work on Debian. Both are running Tomcat 5.5.17. From my point of view
it should work on both servers without the need to change anything.

I just made a test, created a converter for SelectOneMenu to converter from
String to Integer and vice-versa. It's now working on both Windows and Debian.
But my project currently has more than 200 web pages. It's an enterprise level
web application, many modules, many functions and may be too many things on it.
;)

This problem started recently, couple of weeks ago the tomcat on Debian server
wasn't complaining about anything, was running just as smooth as tomcat on
Windows. It all started after we split the web project into smaller modules.

Now we have a web project that use several libraries, each library is a module
with its own web pages, java source code for each page and so on.

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
Well, looking at the sources...

http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#531
http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#504

The RendererUtils.getConvertedStringValue( , Object) method does
not accept values of selectItem.getValue() that are not instance of
java.lang.String, and generates that message that you are seeing.

In your code:

value="#{basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value}"

Is the value of seqUnidade.value a java.lang.String, or a java.lang.Integer?
If it is Integer, it may be the cause.