Hi Rainer,
    Thanks, i checked in included files and found that it was already
declared in one of included conf file. Thanks for pointing me that.Now i
have corrected  it and server is starting properly with following warnings
which i am skipping as of now.
[Sat Jul 19 10:59:41 2008] [warn] module jk_module is already loaded,
skipping
[Sat Jul 19 10:59:41 2008] [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride in line 1000.

The only propblem is that servlet is not being called.

*So now my worker's file looks like this, i  added testWorker*

worker.list=wlb,jkstatus,testWorker
worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
worker.ajp13w.port=8009

*My Server.xml of Tomcat looks like this*

acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

*and httpd.conf looks like this

*LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk-1.2.26-httpd-2.2.6.so
#AddModule mod_jk.c
#JkWorkersFile /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile libexec/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug
Alias /ex /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples
JkMount /ex/servlet/* testWorker
JkMount /temp/*.jsp testWorker
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Location>

*Now Problem*

When i access www.jaatmusic.com/ex(try this link please), it shows me the
index page of my application(servlet-example) which is a html page.So this
step work fine. That means it usage the Alias thing(Alias /ex
/usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples)
Now from this page there are links to invoke some servlet examples
http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample, this link doesn't
work. As per my understanding it should have worked because of this
line - *JkMount
/ex/servlet/* testWorker*
When i access above link i got follwoing in apache log files
*usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples/servlet, referer:
http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex/
*

also in my web.xml servlet is defined like this

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldExample</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldExample</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*/servlet/HelloWorldExample*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Thanks in adavance. I am almost on the edge of starting my first web
application, please help.

Ravi.