I think you forgot my question, I posted this question because I want
to have a  webapplication  name    /webaplicaiton/welcome.do
  different  than the directory name (/webapps/booking).
My Tomcat works if the URL is the same as directory name(or.war file).

but i want to set up the Tomcat to have  (webapplication) name
different than directory name under webapps directory

Thanks,

MK

On 7/24/08, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: kohanm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> > Tomcat 5.5
> >
> > The context located  :
> > Tomcat 5.5\conf\Catalina\localhost\webapplication.xml
> > and I modified as you mentioned:
> >
> > <Context         debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
> > ---
> > </Context>
> >
> > then I tried to check the Tomcat separately with it's port:
> >  http://localhost:*8080/booking*/welcome.do*   it worked(*
> > Tomcat5.5/webapps/booking*) .*
> > **
> > and
> > http://localhost:*8080/webapplication/welcome.do<http://localh
> ost:8080/webapplication/welcome.do>
> > did not work.*
> > **
> > So I think the Tomcat does not mapping to the
> > Tomcat5.5/webapps/*booking*
> >  directory properly*.*
>
> You need to decide if your application is going to be reachable by the
> webapplication URI or the booking URI; choose one or the other, change the
> name of the <Context> .xml file to match, change the directory name (or .war
> file) for the application to match, and stick with *one* name.  By trying to
> use both, you're just creating confusion.

> - Chuck

> attachments from all computers.

Massoud