Raghavendra Datt wrote:
Hi Guys,
  I had a specific requirement related to tomcat error generation. When a
default error page is generated like 404 error page, tomcat appends its
version info at the bottom of the page. I don't want this version to be
displayed on the error page. I am trying to understand which part of the
tomcat code actually does this?

It is the ErrorReportValve and it gets the information from org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo

You can over-ride this by:

1. extract org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties from catalina.jar and put that file in ${CATALINA_HOME}/classes/org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties

2. Edit ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/catalina.properties and change
common.loader=${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar
common.loader=${catalina.home}/classes,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar

Any values you put in ${CATALINA_HOME}/classes/org/apache/catalina/util/ServerInfo.properties will be used when reporting server name, version etc.

HTH,

Mark