Mark,
  Appreciate your response. I have this tomcat running on linux and I don't
find catalina.properties any where in the tomcat folders. so, I tried
unzipping this catalina.jar and changed the ServerInfo.Properties and zipped
into catalina.jar. but, still I see that version info on an error.

Do you know whether catalina.properties and catalina.policy ( which I could
find in my linux) or same?
Unzipping, modifying and zipping back - should this solve the problem?

Thanks,
Raghu