Dear Irwan Hadi,

Just curious if anybody knows how to disable tomcat from logging to
catalina.out, possibly by editing the server.xml file?

check out ${tomcat}/conf/logging.conf

True that we can link catalina.out to /dev/null or truncate the file every
now and then, but we prefer to use a more sane approach, than just
truncating the file...

Truncating? It should be a rolling file, rolling over daily. You can just remove the old versions. Is this a stock tomcat, one from the ports, or maybe a particularly old one?

The most sane approach would be to work with your developers to have some logging policy that both you and the developers can work with. You'll need at least the exception traces when Tomcat dies, or you're blind.

But then, there is nothing like saving a few bucks in disk space at the expense of hours of blind debugging. :-)
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry Partchett