Nathan Thatcher wrote:
> I have a fairly small memory leak in a servlet (Tomcat 6.0) running on a
> Windows 2003 server. I have been looking into memory profiling to help me
> find the leak but nothing seems to be or do what I need. Simply put I want a
> list of all of the objects/primitives (and if possible their values) that
> are in memory. It would be really nice if I didn't have to bring Tomcat down
> at all to do this analysis as the servlet is running in a production
> environment. Does anyone know of a decent free tool that does such a thing?

I've used YourKit (http://www.yourkit.com/) in cases exactly like the one
you describe. It's not free, but I find it well worth the price (and a free
evaluation version is available).

I wouldn't be surprised to see free tools emerging with similar
functionality, but as I've been content with YourKit, I haven't been looking.
--
..Juha