----- Original Message ----- From: "emerson cargnin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:10 PM
Subject: War re-deployment

Hi, I'm using tomcat 5.5.26 and after having a look at the host
application deployment (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment
) I still have a doubt:

If tomcat is down and I change a war file in webapps, after restarting
tomcat, is there anyway for tomcat to detect the change in the war and
re-deploy it?

Tomcat standard out of the box... ie no one has played with the settings... is smart, you dont have to help it...
Use manager/html to deploy remotely...

But the way every one understands is... drop the war into webapps... thats it.
Its smart... if the war has changed TC will fix things...
If you drop a war into a dead tomact and then start it... its still smart ;)

Only thing is... when you done developing in you IDE... ask you IDE to undeploy it... otherwise TC may still be thinking you want the project in the IDE to run.

easy...
The only real POJO Application Server.