When I run into behavior that sounds like what you describe, I
manually delete

       <TOMCAT>work/Catalina/localhost/<APPNAME>

before restarting.

--Ken

On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Jonathan Mast wrote:

I refactored the POJO side of a webapp I have.  I basically moved some
objects referenced by the JSPs into a new package.  I updated the jsps
accordingly, by importing the new package with the PAGE directive at the top. I deleted the old version of the webapp, rebuilt it, and restarted
tomcat.

It then started spewing errors, generated from the jsp's, about not being able to find the old classes. I am convinced that the errors lies in the work/ directly, specifically the derived java sources of the jsp were not
updated when I restarted Tomcat.

I know the problem is not in the webapp itself because i tested it out on my
Windoze box before deploying to Linux where the problem occured.  My
question is: how do I force Tomcat to delete the "work" directory upon
restarting or when I'm building from Ant?

Thanks,

Tomcat 5.5.17
Java 1.4.2