Felix,

Thanks for the reply.  Your point #1 was the correct issue (and shows my
inexperience with these things).  I was trying to import the certificate
using an alias name already in use (which I thought was what I was supposed
to do).  I changed the alias name, and the cert then imported without a
problem.

Thanks!
David