Martin, thanks for a guide! I took a look at the Jetspeed (and portlet
specifications too) and it seems pretty intresting. I'll definetely study
it. The only thing that scares me that spec-s
(http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr168/)  wasnt
updated since 2003

And yes, you really got it. Our system indeed is a portal and CMS and
something else too. And it somehow resembles the functions the Portal API
has. At this moment we're developing CRM part based on it. We already have a
whole bunch of portal functionality (it doesnt have any XML config cause
it's highly dynamic and config is stored in DB) and very specific security
system, tuned to our specific features, and at this point I'm not sure we'll
be able to seamlessly integrate any second-party solution into this
architecture.