> From: Hardik Shah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> is tomcat 3.2.1  and apache 1.3.27 are both server

Tomcat 3.2.1 is a web server.  You can use it to serve Web pages or web
applications directly.  You do not need to use any version of Apache httpd as
well.

If you want to use Apache httpd as well, you can connect Tomcat to httpd using
AJP.  It is more difficult to set up the two servers in this way.

If possible, I would use a newer version of Tomcat than version 3.

                - Peter