Does Tomcat do the same thing as Apache? ie http; as well as the bonus of
java?

I am using PhP, and would to like to also have Java/AJAX?J2EE on my web
page, and I am not sure if I need both Apache and Tomcat, or can just use
Tomcat? (I dont know if it will do everything that Apache does plus more?)

Thanks
Ayden