Dear Chuck,

I carefully save your postings to this list, as a future source of wisdom and inspiration.

Except the ones that tell me that I should delete my unofficial Linux Debian Tomcat package, those I don't. But you repeat them often enough that they are always on a recent page somewhere.

It just came to my attention however that most of your communications to the list end with the formula below, so now I am in a quandary. Since many of these emails are not personally addressed to me, I'm afraid that by saving your messages, I am somehow putting myself in a legally questionable situation, which could result in my laptop being confiscated for discovery, my network being monitored by your employer, or worse, maybe even lawyers getting involved.

I wonder thus if I should personally delete these messages, but I am also concerned by the community on this list at large. Should they all do the same, and should all your messages also be purged from the list archives ? Obviously, several thousand people cannot all be the intended recipient. The word recipient is also specifically mentioned in singular form in the formula below, which also specifically indicates that the messages should be deleted from ALL computers.

Can you please inform us of the best path to follow ?

Quoted for the sole purpose of illustration :

attachments from all computers.

unquote
(Not that people would wonder what to do with this message also. Go ahead, you can delete it. You just don't have to.)