Hi
I am trying to understand the behavior of our application stack during
an apache shutdown. This question might not a 100% to this list but is a
good place to start.

I am trying to understand what the behaviour would be when I shutdown an
apache that is connected via modjk to a cluster of tomcats.

I was under the impression that when apache is orderly shutdown it will
finish processing existing requests not excepting new ones and exit when
having done so. Would the same hold true for requests that is currently
being processed by the tomcat. Would apache wait for the tomcat threads
send via modjk to complete before terminating them?

My initial observations has been that this is not the case but I will
have to do more detailed analysis to be sure whether this is true or
not.

Regards