> > Would the same hold true for requests that is currently being
> > processed by the tomcat. Would apache wait for the tomcat
> threads send
> > via modjk to complete before terminating them?
> >

> Nope. mod_jk has no clue about Tomcat's threads.
> Httpd will unload (any) mod_jk module when the current
> request(s) is finished (even adding Connection: close to the
> outgoing headers). If the requests are taking too much time
> they are forcibly closed then, so the presumption that the
> current requests will be handled is only true for 'normal' requests.
>
> Regards

Thanks Mladen,

Is "too much time" a configurable parameter and what constitutes a
normal request. Our application can take anything from 250ms to 2seconds
to return an reply. I am guessing that requests that takes 2 seconds
will probably be orphaned when the apache_httpd server is shutdown
because they take to longer.

Regards