Hi,

I am getting the following error messages when I login to a web application
which uses AJP Connector between Tomcat and Apache.

httpd-error log:

 [error] (32)Broken pipe: ajp_ilink_send(): send failed

Page shows

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Catalina.out has a 503 error message.

"POST /servlet/ProcessLogin HTTP/1.1" 200 8

"GET /servlet/ProcessLogin?action=enter HTTP/1.1" 503 458

This happens only when I am logging into the application after a few days
inactivity. Login fails in the first three or four attempts and then the
login is successful.

server.xml

=======

<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector -->

<Connector port="8009"

enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

httpd.conf

========

ProxyPass /servlet/ ajp://localhost:8009/servlet/

I would like to know if the root of is AJP connection issues or anything
else specific to tomcat/apache and is there any way to resolve this? Please
help.

Thanks

Sehiya