Hi.
I'm looking for a server that has to hold many (web services) remote clients
for controlling them.
I want to do things like sending power off command to a bunch of machines
remotely.
The clients are usually windows machines behind firewalls  NAT or web
proxies that only allow HTTP (this is why I thought of webservices)

The regular request-response fashion that servlet follows  is not suitable
here since the initiator of the operation is the server.
What can I do in order to solve this and still use web services?