> From: Matthew Laird [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat not using multiple cores
>
> From Tomcat, as far as I understand you can only do 2GB per Tomcat
> instance.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not true.  The limitation is due to the OS, not the JVM and certainly not
Tomcat.  A 32-bit OS gives each process only 2 or 3 GB of virtual space to work
with, and this space must hold the Java heap, code, non-Java data space, and
myriad resource buffers of varying types.

A 64-bit OS provides a much larger virtual space for each process, so you can
configure huge heap spaces for Java programs, including Tomcat.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.