I somehow missed Filip Hanik's helpful response to my previous session replication question.

I have one other:

   With DeltaManager and/or BackupManager, are multiple calls to
   setAttribute() and/or removeAttribute for the same attribute during
   the same request coalesced/collapsed?

It is my understanding that the delta is sent at the end of the request -- or did I misunderstand this? If so, I would hope/assume a sequence like:

   setAttribute( "foo", "bar" );
   setAttribute( "foo", "something else" );
   removeAttribute( "foo" );

   setAttribute( "baz", "bar" );
   setAttribute( "baz", "something else" );

would result in the delta consisting of only

   removeAttribute( "foo" );
   setAttribute( "baz", "something else" );

Obviously this is not so critical in this example -- but easily could be if the values passed to setAttribute() are large object graphs rather than simple strings.

--
Jess Holle