> From: br1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Convenient web application configuration.
>
> The easiest way is to place Context and the different
> Resource elements into each Tomcat's server.xml file.

Certainly not "easiest" by any definition of the term that I'm familiar with,
especially in a production environment.  Immediately obvious drawbacks:
1) Restart of Tomcat (not just the webapp) required when *any* changes are
needed.
2) Sysadmins don't like app developers mucking with server configurations.
3) Doesn't bundle the webapp-specific configuration with the webapp.
4) Error prone due to the manual editing required.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.