[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> However I get the following warnings when starting up Tomcat:
>
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'minSpareThreads' to '25' did not find a matching property.
> Oct 31, 2008 1:04:09 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
> WARNING: [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property
> 'maxSpareThreads' to '75' did not find a matching property.
> Oct 31, 2008 1:04:09 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule begin
>
> So it seems these properties are not supported by the APR protocol, but I
> can't confirm that reading the documentation. Also, the example for the APR
> SSL connector at
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html#HTTPS
>
> includes these properties:
>
>     <Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
>                SSLEnabled="true"
>                SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.crt"
>                SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.key" />
>
> So why do I get these warnings? Should I remove the "minSpareThreads" and
> "minSpareThreads" properties or replace them by other ones?

It looks like the documentation has been left unchanged from Tomcat 5.5.

If you compare the HTTP connector configuration parameters described in
Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 6.0 documentation, you'll see that those two
parameters do exist in 5.5 documentation, but not in 6.0 documentation:

However, I didn't see in changelog a mention about these two having been
removed, but apparently they no longer exist.
--
..Juha