Thanks for the response. We will rename appFolder to ROOT as we want the
appFolder project to be the default.

Saku

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 11:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Default Virtual Host Tomcat 5.5

> From: Ramamoorthy, Saku [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Default Virtual Host Tomcat 5.5
>
> <Host name="localhost" appBase="/webapps/appFolder"
>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>       xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">

The above is incorrect: appBase must point to the directory in which
multiple webapps can be deployed, not the directory of any particular
webapp.  Change it back to just "webapps".

>   <Context path="" docBase="" debug="0" />

It is never correct to have docBase empty; in this case you want it set
to "appFolder".  However, <Context> elements should not be placed in
server.xml, although that mechanism is still supported primarily for
compatibility with older levels.

In your case, you should simply remove the <Context> element, and rename
your "appFolder" to "ROOT" (case sensitive); that is the proper way of
indicating the default webapp for the <Host>.  Doing it the way you are
will likely get double deployment of the webapp, once as the default and
again as /appFolder.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.  If
you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information
contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.