On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:15 , Christopher Schultz wrote:

SecurityManagers are such a pain in the ass IMO. If you're writing your
own applications and deploying them yourself, I say give up on the
SecurityManager because you're not protecting yourself from anyone but
yourself. SecurityManagers are best used when either untrusted or
partially-trusted code will be running in your Tomcat instance. I'm sure
a lot of folks will disagree with me on this one, but the
SecurityManager is more trouble than it's worth if you ask me.

Yea I have been reading more about the SecurityManager and I think that I will probably go without the security manager enabled since this server is only going to be running this particular application and I am the only one that is going to be maintaining it.