> From: Anand HS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: What exactly happens when I configure a different host
>
> Thats exactly what I have.

Good.

> <Context path="" docBase="admin-web">
>  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>
> directory="\\10.168.48.254\web_app_logs\QA1\Logs\SDQA1-WEB\TOMCAT\admin\accesslog"
>   prefix="localhost_access_log_admin."
>   suffix=".txt"
>   pattern="common" />
>  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>
> directory="\\10.168.48.254\web_app_logs\QA1\Logs\SDQA1-WEB\TOMCAT\all\accesslog"
>   prefix="localhost_access_log."
>   suffix=".txt"
>   pattern="common" />
> </Context>

It's bad practice to put a <Context> element inside server.xml, especially for
the default webapp.  You now have that webapp deployed twice, once as "", and
again as "admin-web".  Before proceeding, change the name of the webapp
directory from webapps/admin-web to webapps/ROOT (case-sensitive, even on
Windows), and place the <Context> element in webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml
(also case-sensitive), but without the path and docBase attributes.  Delete any
existing webapps/ROOT directory or webapps/ROOT.war file before renaming yours,
of course.

Then let's see what happens.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.