>"Mark Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Zeke wrote:
>> Hi:
>>     I have a JBOSS cluster which use Apache with mod_jk as HTTP load
balancer. In my cluster, some nodes are deployed web service, but not all.
For example, node 1 contains web servicebook_service, I can call the web
service using URL "http://www.node1.com/book_service";, but node 2 does not
contain it. I hope mod_jk can help me to detect whether the requested web
service exists. That is to say, if I call the web service using "
http://www.loadbalancer.com/book_service";, mod_jk can know only node 1
contains the web service and node 2 not, then the request will always be
dispatched to node 1. But with my current configuration on mod_jk and
Apache, I fount that the request can be dispatched to node 2. Then surely
exception will be thrown, since the web service not exists on node 2.
>>     Can mod_jk support it? Do I need some specific configuration?
>>     Any suggestion from you will be very appreciated!
>
>Only map the web service url to the nodes where it exists.
>
>Mark

Thanks for the reply, Mark!
But I need a more "dynamic" way. For example, node 1 has deployed the web
service war, but it is down for some reason and can not work any more. Then
the web service URL will be unavailable while the JBOSS are still running.
Mapping the web service url seems can not handle it, the load balancer will
still dispatch the request to node 1. I hope mod_jk can detect if the
requested web service is available at runtime.

Thanks!
Zeke