thanks for the fast reply, Chuck!

I'm running 64-bit jvm (1.6)
I used the amd binaries as the guide said those should do the trick for
Intel processors:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_16/res/procrun/amd64/

but these really don't work. those are strangely small files also - only
18KB both!?

But, I found help from another thread:
http://www.nabble.com/DO-NOT-REPLY--Bug-35869--Can%27-t-run-as-a-service-on-Windows-Server-2003-64-Bit-Edition-td16765257.html#a16765257

these binaries here worked fine!
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/res/procrun/amd64/

tnx again, must remember this board here!

Kaur