Hi,

I am using Apache Tomcat Version 5.5.2. I am running it on Windows XP
Professional Service Pack 2.

I have a form based authentication for my application:

[…]

<login-config>

      <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

      <realm-name>Authentication Area</realm-name>

      <form-login-config>

            <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>

            <form-error-page>/login.jsp?action=error</form-error-page>

      </form-login-config>

    </login-config>

[…]

Also, I have redirected all my requests for port-80 to port-443. So,
whenever I try to open a page in http, it automatically gets redirected to
https. This is working fine for all the pages.

Except, when I open the http://localhost/<APP_NAME>/j_security_check page it
does not get redirected and stays on http. This is the only page showing
this deviation in behavior.

For example, the http://localhost/<APP_NAME>/security_check page gets
redirected to https, and the same goes for my login page and all other pages
in my app.

Is this a known issue or is there a configuration that I am unaware of.

Thanks a lot.