Justin Randall-5 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are you using other filters?
>
> If you are you will need the method to look like the below:
>
>     public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
> FilterChain filterChain) throws IOException, ServletException {
>         HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest) request;
>         HttpServletResponse rsp = (HttpServletResponse) response;
>         rsp.sendRedirect(req.getRequestURI());
>         filterChain.doFilter(request, response);
>     }
>
> However, from the looks of your stack trace the problem is with your
> "login.jsp?action=error" page.  You need to review your code to figure out
> where and how it is trying to create an HttpSession (presumably in the
> login error page) after a failed login attempt.
>
> Regards,
>
> Justin

Yes, I got the issue related to the exception resolved.

But the concern right now is that I am not able to intercept the
j_security_check page call in my doFilter method.
When I open the j_security_check page, I start getting the request for the
resources like images, css etc on this login page but no request for
j_security page is present in the doFilter method.

Is there a way I can intercept the j_security_page call ?