From: Kees Jan Koster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: configure JNDI to avoid error "Last packet sent to the server was xxxxx ms ago"
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 12:39 AM

Hmm. Lots of trouble for a file that you can just chmod 600
to avoid
this whole issue. But that's just how I do this.

You realize of course that this precisely as safe as
storing a plain-
text password. I mean, if I can read this file with the
encrypted
password, I can see that you use a non-standard MySQL
driver. So I
would just download the contents of your Tomcat's lib
directories. I
presume they have the same directory and file permissions
as the data
source config file.

I don't care what the password is. I just copy your
config, plop the
contents of your Tomcat's lib dir into mine and I can
connect to your
database just fine.

Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli