> From: Michael CC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 Not Starting
>
> Seems odd the way the server.bat file never closed gracefully.

There is no server.bat file; did you mean service.bat or startup.bat?

> When I check Services in the Windows Task Manager, I don't
> see any service running.

The startup.bat script runs Tomcat as a normal program, not a service.

> I tried to run the "Service.bat install" as well and it gave me
> a "Failed Installing Tomcat" service error.

You're using Vista - you must run the service.bat script from a command prompt
that's started via "Run as administrator".

As far as port 8088 goes, do you have a firewall that's blocking it?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.