Michael CC wrote:
I am already running Apache Webserver on 8080. I changed the Connector Port
to 8088 in the Server. xml file. When I test the service by calling
http://localhost:8088/ I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the
webpage".

Maybe another back-reference to
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=122823060425367&w=2
Items #1 and #7 ?
:-)
Just kidding.

Seriously now :
- the first logfile excerpt that you sent looks totally normal, and does not look like Tomcat is "Not Starting". It does start, and says so. - there can be multiple reasons why Internet Explorer would come up with this page. The first one being that this is an internal error page from IE, which it displays instead of the page it (maybe) gets from Tomcat. It may hide a more significant error page from Tomcat, but which IE in its wisdom decides not to show.

Try the following, after you start Tomcat :
- open a Command window
- enter "netstat -an | more"
Do you see somewhere a line like :
  TCP    0.0.0.0:8088           0.0.0.0:0              LISTEN
(the important part is the :8088 and the LISTEN)
?

- then, if the line above is there, enter :
  telnet localhost 8088
does it "connect" ?
If it does, enter (exactly) :
GET / HTTP/1.1<CR>
<CR>
(where <CR> stands for the Return key)
What is happening ?

Alternatively, if you have Perl installed on that system, enter :
lwp-request -m GET -Sed http://localhost:8088/
it is much more informative.