Michael Ludwig schrieb:
> Rainer Jung schrieb am 09.12.2008 um 22:17:16 (+0100):
>> I'm looking forward to httpd 2.4 with mod_luau aka mod_wombat, an
>> embedded Lua interpreter that has access to httpd objects (like the
>> request object) and will allow us to inject custom logic e.g. for
>> balancing and error reaction.
>
> [OT] Good old (but not exactly light-weight) mod_perl can do all that.
> Although I don't know how good its threading implementation is.

Of course bot I think the httpd project was looking for something much
smaller.

They use mod_perl for example for their test framework and they know it
pretty well.

Lua doesn't do threading as well (perl does sort of), but since Lua is
so small, one would use a pool of Lua interpreters. It can do concurrent
processing though, but there's no memory shared between the coprocesses.

Regards,

Rainer