Hi,

I finally found the time to build a test case for this issue.
I attach the WAR, but you still need to put the runtime library of AspectJ (aspectjrt.jar) on the classpath when running Tomcat. The behavior I observe is that whenever I load/reload the page, the JspIdConsumer objects get allocated, and some, but never all of
them get GC'd. You should see messages on the console/log like

Adding JspIdConsumer:<someClassName>:<itsHashCode>:<theJspId>

and

Removed <someJspId>

You will see three "Adding messages" for every instance created (it's a mess to track this properly),
and you should see one "Removed" message for every GC'd instance.
When I run grep | wc on the output, the "distance" between the number of created and GC'd object grows over time and reloads of the test page. I had this running for a bit, trying to see if after a session timeout the remaining instances would be GC'd, but they didn't. I don't know what to make of this, but it feels like Tomcat is holding on to some of the instances for too long for no good reason.

Jochen