Hi,

I need to set up a proxy-server-with-transformation that frontends the
clients and transforms the incoming request (HTTP post) and forwards it to
the actual application server, and then get a response back and transforms
it back into data format that the client understands and send it to the
client.

I am thinking of implementing this as a Servlet in tomcat (since the
transformation code has to be Java).

How should I go about doing this servlet ? Do I need to write a Servlet from
scratch or is there a HttpProxyServlet or something similar that takes care
of the proxy aspect which I can extend from and plug in my transformation
code ?

-thanks.