Setup:
For one of our projects we are using httpd in front of tomcat.
At the moment everything is routed via tomcat, static and dynamic content alike (except for one directory of images that resides outside the application).
We are using AJP proxy.

Symptoms:
After running for a while (day or two depending how much traffic we have) the web pages render "funny". It seems as if the wrong resources are being sent - when I go over the DOM I see that objects that have the right URL for background images etc. are dealt the wrong pictures. It seems as though the connection is not thread safe (this is just how it seems - I don't know if it is the actual problem). This happens only on the https channel and does not affect the :80 virtual host!

Versions (latest versions):
Redhat Fedora 10
Server version: Apache/2.2.10 (Unix)
Tomcat: 6.0.16

Config file:
<VirtualHost 216.139.214.167:443>
ServerAdmin sea...@patentest.co.il DocumentRoot /home/apache/ www/html/patentest.co.il
    ServerName www.patentest.co.il

    SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW: +SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
    SSLCertificateFile certs/www.patentest.co.il.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile certs/www.patentest.co.il.key
    SSLCACertificateFile certs/gd_bundle.crt

    ErrorLog logs/patentest.co.il_ssl_error_log
    CustomLog logs/patentest.co.il_ssl_log common
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

    Alias /ptimg/ home/images/images/
    ProxyPass /ipmaster !
    ProxyPass /ptimg !
    ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
</VirtualHost>

If anyone has seen this or has some ideas how to troubleshoot and isolate, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
Yuval Perlov
www.r-u-on.com