> From: matyg [mailto:ma...@expand.com]
> Subject: Re: Upgrading Tomcat from 6.0.14 to 6.0.18 - classpath issue
>
> They write there "All such classes are visible to both Tomcat internal
> classes, and to web applications".
> What I understand is that I need to add classes to the system
> class loaded.

No; do not ever, ever, ever add any Tomcat or webapp classes to the classpath.
That is a recipe for disaster, as you're finding out.

> Where do I do that? where do I add them?

Classes that must be accessible via Tomcat and webapps go into Tomcat's lib
directory.

You *must not* have references in your login modules back to any classes in the
webapp.  That's an extremely poor and unsustainable architectural decision.

> But how come it worked fine in v6.0.14 and not in v6.0.18?
> What was changed?

Probably bug fixes, or you were extremely lucky before.  What you're doing is
completely wrong.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.