> From: Shaolin [mailto:shaolinfin...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: package javax.servlet does not exist import
> javax.servlet.* ;
>
> 1. Im using 6.0.18 64 bit with windows xp 64  and Java SDK SE
> 6 update 11 (64bit).

Did you install Tomcat from the .exe download or the .zip one?  You will need
the 64-bit versions of tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe if you want to run Tomcat
as a service.  I would recommend running it from the command line using the
startup.bat and shutdown.bat scripts (from the .zip downloads) until you get
the bugs worked out.  After that, get the 64-bit versions here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/amd64/

Rename them, changing the 5 to 6.

> 3. The servlet-api jar is in the tomcat lib dir and not in app lib dir
> 4. Didnt find the j2ee jar in the tomcat folder.

Do the servlet and JSP examples that come with Tomcat work?  If so, and it's
just your webapp that's failing with the package does not exist error, then
something is odd with your webapp.

It just struck me: this is a compilation message, not a run-time one.  You'll
need to tell javac (or whatever IDE you're using) where the servlet-api.jar is.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.