> From: Shaolin [mailto:shaolinfin...@gmail.com]
> Subject: package javax.servlet does not exist import javax.servlet.* ;
>
> The servlet jars cannot be found. I checked the tomcat lib
> dir and it was present and it looks like its something to
> do with the classpath.

1) Tell us which version of Tomcat, what JVM/JRE you're using, and what
specific OS, including 32- or 64-bit.

2) NEVER, never, never set the CLASSPATH environment variable for Tomcat.

3) Make sure you do not have a copy of servlet-api.jar anywhere in Tomcat's
classloader hierarchy, other than Tomcat's lib directory.  (Many inexperienced
users erroneously put that jar in a webapps's WEB-INF/lib directory.)

4) Make sure j2ee.jar is not anywhere Tomcat or the JVM might stumble into it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.