Wesley Schwengle wrote:
On 19.02.09 16:36 Christopher Schultz wrote:

On 2/19/2009 8:37 AM, Wesley Schwengle wrote:
I moved some jkmount statements from my mod_jk.conf to the virtualhost
section
in Apache and it doesn't work as expected.

What does it do, and what did you expect?

It doesn't work, while the previous setup did work ;)

What I don't get, and I think it is part of the problem, is the error message in the mod_jk.log, Could not find worker with name "some name", while you see it
being mapped.

Where does mod_jk.config get included? If it's in another virtual host,
then I don't think it will work. You should ensure that the
JkWorkersFile directive is at httpd's top-level.

No, in the main config of Apache (via /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_jk.(load|conf) - Debian/Ubuntu machine).
The modules are loaded before the virtual host files are loaded.. So that
should not be a problem.

The only thing I moved from mod_jk config to the vhost config is the following:

 Alias /dir /path/to/webapps
 JkMount /dir/* w_worker

Don't know if this is your problem, but if you do any JkMount's in the main Apache configuration, they are not copied by default to the Vhosts. You need to use the JkMountCopy directive.

Note something else :
- with your Alias above, and in the absence of any later filtering, you are giving users access to your entire webapp directory via Apache, including the WEB-INF directory etc.. - that Alias is not normally necessary, unless you want to serve some static content with Apache - the way the JkMount is written, it is only the files "within" the /dir directory that are being re-directed, not a request for "/dir" itself. Don't know if it matters, but if you have some index script in there, it may.
You may want to add a "JkMount /dir w_worker" otherwise.