Sam Hokin wrote:
I'd like to correct an error I made in my earlier report of this problem. It turns out that the response delay in my simple test JSP IS during compilation! I ran stat on the files in question, as well as looked at the time shown on the response page (which is all the test JSP does). (I think I got confused by the output of the -verbose:class JVM option earlier.)

Restarting from the point above..
Leaving the current test jsp page in place, but taking a copy of it under another name, does the symptom then also show up on the copy ?
The same with the whole webapp, copied under another name.
I am saying "copy", not "move/rename", so as to really use another disk area.

Separate question : does this Tomcat, contrary to the others, have the SecurityManager on ? or vice-versa ?