From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc4...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Authenticating Users

To the OP:

1. May I ask what database it is you're using?

2- I'd go for the following solution:

Create a JSP-page accepting the credentials. The username should be converted
to uppercase. The password should be left as is so that case-sensivity here is
maintained.

Don't know if I'm missing something, but to me that looks like a walk in the
park.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2