> From: Laura Bartolomé [mailto:la...@secways.com]
> Subject: Re: problems solved restarting tomcat
>
> Ok, and the question is: is possible than this error makes Tomcat
> doesn't work and we need to restart it???

Probably not that error directly, but the failure in properly handling the
request could have left locks up, objects lying around, or database connections
open that would have been cleaned up had the request completed normally.  (Any
such problems are indicative of poor application implementation.)

You can try running JConsole against the Tomcat process to see if the heap is
exhausted or threads are in a loop, or to look at where threads are stuck when
Tomcat is unresponsive.  JConsole is located in the JDK bin directory; just
start it from a command prompt on the Windows box where Tomcat is running and
select the Tomcat process from the list presented.  You might want to do this
while things are running properly just to get an idea of what normal operation
looks like.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.