> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: Request not forwarded to login page with
> security-constraint after session time-out

> > What the spec is not explicit about is the combination
> > of "*" with an empty or non-existant <security-role> list.

> I think it is quite clear. It means no-one gets access.

We'll have to agree to disagree; I find it ambiguous, and obviously others have
different interpretations, so it definitely isn't clear.  I'd like to see the
spec document how authentication can be configured when no authorization (and
therefore no roles) is necessary.

> Chuck and I are off on our own little tangent.

Not sure that's entirely true, since the OP's situation (authentication without
need for authorization) doesn't seem to be covered by the spec, and behavior of
other containers (and even different versions of Tomcat) may well differ from
what he's getting today.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.